Philosophical Assumptions of New Moms Network:
- Every new parent needs information, support and adequate resources.
- There are many “right” ways to parent.
- The first few months of being a parent are a critical time.
- Mothers do better when their own needs are met.
- New moms can benefit greatly by networking with other new moms.
Goals for New Moms Network:
- Feel supported
- Gain information
- Increase parenting confidence
- Share like experiences
- Develop friendships
- Have a sense of belonging